REMEMBER ME WHEN I'M GONE by Jamiu Ahmed



REMEMBER ME WHEN I'M GONE 
(For the dead bullet man) 

Today
My fate has  been  written as a dirge
on the  scrotum of a  bull  that keep 
dangling, front,  back and sideways
Like  it would  fall  anytime  soon

A minute silence isn't enough for the man,  
who left  home like a wayfarer,  to tread
the path that leads to death, where skulls 
are the fly-overs that bridge the river filled 
with the bloods of his own dead siblings

Anike, the life of a man is that bullet  
Fired from a rigid hand into the space 
Unable to undo, nor rewind back in time
Until it gets to it targeted "death-nation" 

Anike, today I have written my existence 
On the stars for you to gaze them at night
When you no longer see my face again &
they become the photos that bear my image. 

Anike, Today I have written my name, on the bark
of the trees we sat under to tickle each other
for the branches to dance as the leaves sing 
Our favorite songs when my voice is no more

Anike, remember me,  when I become 
The silhouette of a lover on the skyline
That died untimely on the battle field
Now kissing the lip of the setting sun

Anike, when I wallow up into the clouds
Like the huge flames from a burning forest 
Disobeying gravity & all the physical laws, 
To become immortal like the celestial beings

Anike, if I die on this route of "free-doom"
Bury me in the grave of your heart forever
A minute silence isn't just enough for me
So remember me always when I'm gone

©® Jamiu Ahmed

Comments