BOY FROM THE STREET by Jamiu Ahmed


BOY FROM THE STREET 

Growing up as kid is a testimony 
of how I buried my father's shadow
under my hooves that grow weary not
Like the placenta of a newborn baby

Oh I'm sorry mother, I threw your words
into the river of lost, for your Words keep
 echoing in my ear like an empty room
But I don't want to live with past manuals

Unlike the white children with blue blood,
I wasn't born with a silver-coated spoon
But how about fighting with devil himself
to get a golden bowl full of myriad coins

I took a first flying flight to the underworld
Devil said, "To succeed you must know
another name for fire, for fire is for those
Who are ready to burn into ashes of hope"

I asked, "what about the boys whose fear
are the bloods that run in their own veins?
Devil said, "the Fear is the arsenic poison
In their bloods, killing them slowly bit by bit

He served me weevils with a plate of evil
I asked, "why did you serve me the weevils?
He said, "good and bad are mutually dependent
You're starved, but I gave you a forbidden food"
It's time to leave, he gave me two bachelor horns

Yesterday, I met a brilliant philosophy professor, 
With ninety-nine certificate and honorary degrees, 
He said, "life is only for the encyclopedic head"
I asked, "can the head walk to the freedom path?
My hand is my steering, and my feet is the wheel 
My brain is the master driver of my Bentley truck 
What else do I need to rewrite my destination?

Prof said, "you shall get caught by the laws of life"
If you escape school, you have traded your wisdom.
"I attended university of street in the school of life,
Where I learn the practicalities of living life fully."

I'm the boy whose face is a sky of shattered hues,
Show me a warrior, let's see how deep his scars are
I'm a warrior with deep scars inflicted by life, When
 my star sparkles, ask for the scars behind my stars

©® Jamiu Ahmed

Comments