MEMORIES ARE RIPPLES by Jamiu Ahmed



MEMORIES ARE RIPPLES 

Days are the bedridden
Times, moments are those bodies
Buried & long forgotten like slothful bones
 Stinking, rotten & lifeless  beneath the crust
There're times every song life plays feels like
A coronach in the mouth of a stammerer
Fragmented, unrhymed & unrhythmic
Broken like an old record tape

I'm that lonely  water  seagull
That wallows in the river of my tears
Raining down from the fountain of my eyes
Eyes tired of seeing the silhouette of my lover
Words, words really failed  me like a blunt knife
Everything just eludes me, just tired of crying
Even my shadow left me in this darkness
I'm just, I'm just, really tired of crying

Your words melt slowly like candle
Your promises fade into the winds of time
Recall you said, you remain as the sun shines
Recall you said, you remain as the moon lights
Recall you said, you remain just like the earth
Recall you said, you remain till the very end
Where are you now to fulfill your promises
I just can't imagine you left me behind

Time flies by like a peregrine falcon
Recall the honey-memories we both had
Those moments heaven made jest of our love
Times you hold me tight like I'm your last hope
Times we spent  burning argand lamp at night
Times we walk past the beach, holding hands
With our feet imprinted on the wet sand
Now been washed off by the waves

I'm tired of seeing your photographs
For  they now  depict  your foggy  images
All I see now is your apparition in my dreams
Where everything is just the  shadow of itself
And there you will remain until we meet again
At infinity  where  endless  meet nothing
For our  memories  are just ripples
On the  surface  of  water

©® Jamiu Ahmed 


Comments