MY FUNERAL RITE by Jamiu Ahmed


MY FUNERAL RITE 

I

I'm the silhouette of a loving mother 
that left her unborn child at the horizon
Hanging like a mirage on the blue sky
Dead or alive? ask the mystical dome

Mother said, love is a two edge sword
that damage its own sheath irrespective 
Of the material, for to love is to swallow 
a mountain like a disastrous earthquake

II

Freedom of affection is eighteen in number
Like the first moment of a season, he came.
Charlie, "there is a fire burning in your head"
Raving wild like the fire set on a dry Savanna.

I'm the harbinger with a devoid evangelism,
Call me saint John, descendant of Saint Paul,
Just lie down like a red carpet, go missionary.
Let me sprinkle holy water to put off the fire.

I'm in spirit, screaming "holy" "holy" "holy"
My voice echoes through like an empty room
Hoping it will reach the threshold of heaven,
Father lord, "Bless this night of deliverance"

III

What next after ripping the honey-well top notch
Gush of bubbles, oozing like an underground water.
The new burst pipe of an oil well in a tunnel
 Milky fountain for wild rangers with deep cylinders

"Sundered dreams can be stitched with equations
I'm formula 1, the math-magical professor,
Now touch your toe to form angle 90-degree
I can stay behind you to form an intersection"

After deriving several laws of physical attraction,
My life is now a quadratic equation finding it roots
on his bed, like the shadow of a body in darkness
Who's to be blamed, the body or the lost shadow?

IV

"Charlie, don't be as cold as your blood, take coffee
I'm Bucks, the only solution to every single problem
Paradise is real? I can import Paris to my compound
Just bend down, duvet isn't that hard to spread"

This isn't the drama stage with the lost settings 
But the planned scenes with the wrong protagonist.
Antagonist, setting point off the table of my contents
Mr Dick, "spare me your rod and buy me a board"

"Charlie, I'm well connected like global telecom
My range covered Oxford and Harvard sphere"
Stock market, he finally tell a friend to tell a friend,
Now Emerituses free-available-wifi, stay connected. 

V

I'm at the climax of my days, they dig my grave
Life is a beautiful old woman clad in a coffin
I watch them prepare my funeral rite alive
Charlie, take this dead roses for your funeral

©® Jamiu Ahmed













Comments