POUCH OF PENURY by Jamiu Ahmed



POUCH OF PENURY

unto this genesis of sorrow without revelation
This is my book of testament full of miseries
Chapters of a life spent in a raving surge of fire
The written verses of disjointed lines of anguish

I'm the emptiness of a desolated land of nought
The gaol of a cloudy moor in a clad of brokenness
Clutched by the shackles of restraining mysteries
Living life in agony embodied on rock of hardships

This is an epistle to my sleeping source in heaven
Mama, why you left me in this sinking wave of time? 
Left paddling the flat boat through the storm of life
When will I get to the horizon of my happiness?

Down to these spills of war that left scars on my face
Where I learn to live in the paradise of a vicious hell
Building home with broken pebbles life threw at me
Casting spells of fire with a broken tongue of pains

Inside this lurking dark room of another side of life
Where my days and nights are gasping for breath
Tell geographer to measure the longitude of my days
Of course, they aren't the same on the Greenwich time.

This isn't the tales of a burnt dreams without smoke
But ashes of dead memories of a rootless journey
That resurrected from the burial of a starved paunch
Sobbing to the world of how to die of hunger in west.

Life is a twist of six-nine faith and fate, they said.
But destiny changed the lucky numbers of my dice
Probability of throwing up a fair coin up in the sky
Fruitless like a faithful bawd with wide ass mouth

I have walked through the valley of killer famine
With the shadow of death following me around
They gathered for the feast of the death of death
I'm the dead hope enwrapped in a pouch of penury


©® Jamiu Ahmed

Comments