SOBBING IN MY GRAVE by Jamiu Ahmed


SOBBING IN MY GRAVE 

Beneath the tales of blissful sorrow 
Where thirst for power triggered war
Homeland was turned to battlefield 
The sound of guns and mother bomb
Filled the atmosphere like escaped air 

People were killed savagely in folds  
Mothers cried for their lost babies
Children cried for their lost mothers
Families cried for their lost members 
Dreams cried for their lost usefulness 


Beneath the tales of aborted dreams 
Death of children, death of our future 
I was compelled by my sore heart 
To pull the trigger of sad retaliation 
From up, bullets sank into my head 

I'm dead, but, I'm a hero of valor
I'm gone, my dreams burnt in hell 
Here lies my golden epitaph 
Written with bullets on my skull 
Now, I'm sobbing in my grave 

©® Jamiu Ahmed

Comments