SHATTERED DREAMS by Jamiu Ahmed



SHATTERED DREAMS

Days upon days, I grizzle in a lurking darkness
A sorrowful night, that overshadowed my soul
The sun rises only in my sleep of ghost dreams
Man complacency traded my future, I'm mortgaged

Help hands, armed with protuberance bought my day
Hawking pebbles under the wrath of the scorching sun,
My dangle feet wobbled every thin street, vending stones
At the end of the day, I got feed with whips and hot sands

My life trailed an inconsiderate road, full of smiling thorns
A journey, full of night meres and daydreams of happiness
Sobbing to the flowing fountain of the castle I built in the air
I stood up every night, stargazing galaxies of vacuum stars

My fate and destiny hang in a vicious room of a mangler
Where I watched my thirst burnt in a raving surge of hades
The ashes of my dreams seeped out through the window
Into the vacuum space, like a steam from a boiled water

When will I see the sun to melt the ice in my cold veins?
Building homes and castles was my childhood dreams
How loud I could only weep out in my noisy silence
That my wicked adoptive parent shattered my dreams

©® Jamiu Ahmed

Comments