I WILL LIVE TO WRITE by Jamiu Ahmed


I WILL LIVE TO WRITE

On a cold moonless night. I sat under my roof
Like a poet’s note waiting for the midnight words
I watched the stars fading into the gloomy clouds
The world became a secret; darkness as a proof

The earth whirled, my eyes rolled like wheels
Vision became too blur to see through myself
Thoughts pilled up like books in my mind’s shelf
Nothing left, but my fingers to write what I feels

I will live to write my words on the earth crust
Watch them grow into a garden of rose and fruit
For folks, friends, foes to feast together at night
Hold hands; with hearts whiter than dawn frost

I will live to write my words on heaven’s chest
For the birds to fly freely without clipped wings
Sing sonorous song with symphonious strings
As the trees dance and wave their arms in crest

I will live to write my words into a fervent rain
Let them flow like water into a healing river
To heal the bodies butchered by gory dagger
When throes become blood that flows in vein

I will live to write my words on every silver cords
To free children from mothers enslaving eyebrow
For different hues to embrace others like rainbow
I will write till a new world is birth from my words


©® Jamiu Ahmed

Comments