THE SUN WILL RISE AGAIN by Jamiu Ahmed


THE SUN WILL RISE AGAIN
(An African child III) 

I am that little brittle seed of hope
Growing up by the side of the road
Amidst the parasites & weeds of life
Feast upon by the western cockerel
Like the breakfast of a cereal meal

I'm just the nectar of a blooming flower
Sucked till it becomes shrunken & bitter 
Like the viscid fluid from a gall bladder 
By the gripple butterflies & greedy bees
Yet, I resist, till I become a fruitful tree


I'm the loving mother of myriad children
Whose only blanket has been ripped off
By the rage of a turbulent thunderstorm
Look at my children falling off my back
As my breast milk turned to a sour lime
Still, I will live to see another day again

I'm that sun casted into a pale moonlight
Buried deep beneath the gloomy clouds
By the ferocious fingers as the night falls
Tomorrow, the sun will rise again from east

©®  Jamiu Ahmed

Comments